Massage is an approved complementary therapy, not a beauty therapy. Dating back to 3000 BC, originating in China, massage was used by many ancient civilizations to maintain health and well-being.
Massage produces many beneficial effects on the body, both physical and psychological, helping the body to rebalance and function more effectively.
Research shows that massage can:
- aid sleep and relaxation
- boost immunity
- calm and soothe
- energize and revitalize
- stimulate removal of 'toxins' from the body
- improve skin tone, texture and elasticity
- improve circulation
- reduce stress and anxiety
- reduce tension and fatigue
- reduce muscular discomfort